Monday, June 10, 2013

Food Trucks - Simply Mochi at SOMA StrEAT Food Park

Let me preface this post with the fact that I love mochi. I love the tiny little Japanese rice cake stuffed with tiny bits of joy (e.g., mango puree, nutella, red bean, green tea puree, the list goes on.) So I was simply so so excited when I heard of this food truck called Simply Mochi (simplymochi.com)... I mean how can it go wrong? It's a food truck DEDICATED to these glutinous little pockets of happiness!

I looked up the schedule of this truck for weeks and seeing that I can't catch it on the weekdays while I am at work, I patiently waited for a time on the weekend that I could go buy some! Lucky for me, it was at the SOMA Streatfood Park (http://somastreatfoodpark.com/) this weekend. It was pet friendly and had different vendors each day of the week which means its open everyday too! Unfortunately parking is not as friendly but we managed to sneak away with parking at Costco as we also spent 100 dollars at Costco for groceries. So we also were able to walk around this unexpected (yet really cool) event and try other food trucks with our puppy!

Simply delicious - although this was a little $$$ at 1.50/2.00 per mochi. It was well worth it :)
We got six different flavors - 1) Nutella special (walnuts, bananas, strawberries) 2) Red Bean 3) Mango Purée 4) Fresh Coconut (Haupia) 5) Fresh strawberry chocolate 6) STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
And as you can see in caps, the last one was also my favorite one! 

The Fresh Coconut (Haupia) one, it was so yummy since the puree inside was very firm and every taste tasted like a soft chewy part of a fresh coconut!

The Nutella special... what's there not to love about nutella and mixed fruits with nuts? It was not too overwhelming with chocolate and you could def. taste the nuts texture in here.

Delishhhhh - chocolate with fresh strawberry - nothing puree here. All fresh and whole! The flour on top just makes this little thing so much more delightful!

Oh and then we also had a spicy pork burrito at Bobcha Food Truck. Unexpectedly sweet and spicy at the same time. It's good but make sure you add the egg ($1) and a few bottles of water to wash it down.

Overall
Simply Mochi - 4.5/5.0 stars
Bobcha - 3.5/5.0 stars
SOMA StrEAT Food Park: 4.5/5.0

No comments:

Post a Comment